Assisted Reproduction Technology (ART)
Includes gestational surrogacy, traditional surrogacy, in-vitro fertilization (IVF), egg donation, sperm donation, gestational carriers,
Effective legal representation in Surrogacy and Assisted Reproductive Technology
Whether you have decided to turn to assisted reproduction technologies to build your family, or you are acting as a gestational carrier or donor to help prospective parents build their family, we can help you determine the best way to achieve your goal, advise you on the laws in place, draft or review contracts and represent you through any parentage or adoption legal proceedings that may be necessary as a result of your surrogacy process.
Because assisted reproduction technology can be a long process and can be extremely demanding (physically and emotionally), it is paramount that each person involved in the process fully understands his or her rights and what is required of him or her during the process and after the birth. It is also important to determine how each party is expected to act after the occurrence of a certain event.
Immigration Guidance on International Surrogacy
Attorney Irene Steffas is uniquely qualified to help you with your immigration questions concerning international surrogacy arrangements. Attorney Irene Steffas has 30 years of immigration experience along with 30 years of international adoption experience. International surrogacy is a new and growing field. Even if the surrogacy arrangements goes well medically, you do not want to end up stuck in another country unable to obtain a visa to bring home your new child. Call and speak to one of our experienced attorneys to help guide you through the international immigration requirements for surrogacy arrangements.
Our Assistive Reproductive Technology legal services include:
- Guidance on immigration questions associated with international surrogacy agreements
- Drafting a surrogacy contract on behalf of a Gestational Carrier
- Drafting a surrogacy contract on behalf of Intended Parent(s)
- Reviewing a surrogacy contract on behalf of a Gestational Carrier
- Reviewing a surrogacy contract on behalf of Intended Parent(s)
- Drafting an Egg Donor Agreement on behalf of a Donor Recipient
- Reviewing an Egg Donor Agreement on behalf of a Donor Recipient
- Reviewing an Egg Donor Agreement on behalf of a Egg Donor
- Representation in association with obtaining Pre-birth parentage orders
- Reviewing and negotiating fertility clinic contracts;
Attorney Irene Steffas is closely monitoring how the law is developing in the areas of surrogacy and egg donation, sperm donation, and embryo donation in Georgia, the United States and Internationally.